Over time you carpet wear down and there is nothing that can be done about that. We can how ever keep it looking good and lasting as long as possible. Below are just some different examples of things you can do or have us do to keep your carpet looking new.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year.
- Have carpet protector reapplied to your freshly cleaned carpet every couple of cleans.
- Vacuum thoroughly at least once a week.
- Do not slide furniture around the floor.
- Place mats at entrances to your home for people to wipe their feet before entering (Soils and oil from yards and driveways act almost like sand paper. Over time it grinds your carpet fibers down)
- If you have rugs in your home make sure to vacuum under them or even rearrange them from time to time. (This makes sure that the fibers under the carpet gets fluffed back up.)
- If you start to notice wrinkles make sure to call and let us come and take care of them for you. (Wrinkles get worse over time and further break down your carpet. We can do any thing from small lumps to full room stretching. If you have had your carpet for a few years and notice it is lose you can also call us in before it wrinkles.)
All of these are pretty simple steps to make sure your carpet lasts as long as possible. If you have any wrinkles, or anything else that might concern you, feel free to call us today and have us come to your home and take care of the problem.